Monday, July 07, 2008

light sensitivity

Today I learned that if I do whatever it is that gives me one of those light-sensitive headaches, the light sensitivity can last into the next morning, but not the headache (so far). I wore sunglasses indoors on a cloudy day for the first time ever, and the problem mostly cleared up after I got into the sauna.

In fire decontamination news, it appears that washing fabrics with as much ammonia as I can get into my washer without asphyxiating myself (maybe a cup or a cup and a half of 10% solution) will take out most of the contaminant if I wash the stuff twice. My couch cover (a quilt) seems pretty much ok, but I keep putting off trying to sit on it. The dryer we've given up on; I'm going to sell it. The air cleaner (house pressurizer) sometimes seems fine, but I'm suspicious of it. I can't get the motor clean, so even though it's not in the air stream, it could be making things not quite right.

Also, trying to help the lady who's been living out of her car for 25 years takes a lot out of you, and then in combination with the light sensitivity thing and the sauna, it makes it hard to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home