Tuesday, June 17, 2008

heat and quilts

Today I learned that riding in 103o heat with 10% humidity isn't bad. You just wait until evening, when the sun won't peel the hide off you. I did better than I expected, and that's saying something considering how sick I've been lately.

In other news, some blankets that didn't fit on my clothesline and instead got draped over some patio furniture appear to be less toxic than the stuff that's been hanging vertically. I have to go sniff everything again in the morning (without hurting myself), but if that's really true, I'm going to have a back yard carpeted in sheets and quilts.

And then the squirrels will chew holes in everything unless I post a guard, but this is the price we pay for living in sunny Tucson, where the tourists evaporate over the summer because the sun will peel the hide off you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an amazing laundry saga; it's a "Soap" for people with MCS-- heh. Why, do you think, does horizontal placement work better? More surface to sun?

4:16 AM  
Blogger missmolly said...

Soap - ouch!

The blankets are draped in such a way that they have horizontal and also vertical parts, so this morning I tried to compare the two. The reaction lingers, though, so whichever part I sniffed second seemed worse, and then I didn't feel like improving my experimental method.

I'll try it again tomorrow with a longer time between sniffs.

But in the spirit of being unscientific, I optimistically pulled some of my skirts out of the trash and spread them out to be squirrel fodder.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home