Friday, June 20, 2008

day off from the laundry (only looks like giving up)

Today I suffered a minor tv coma and saw some actual advertisements, the only one of which I remember was about insurance and involved fussing about the price of gas and tires. That got me thinking about prices, which, according to the news media, are extremely fuss-worthy.

In terms of items I actually buy, I have noticed that it costs more to buy gasoline, but really the only other thing that's caught my eye is the price of eggs, which comes to maybe a dollar more per week. I'm feeling the news media's fear-mongering, but I'm not feeling all that much actual price-related pain. Apparently I'm doing that un-American thing again where I fail to go out and buy stuff.

Ok, while I was writing that, I realized that there's one more ad I remember. It said that they're making dark chocolate M&Ms now, which would have mattered back when I was a left-out dairy-sensitive kid, but these days just registers as another price that doesn't matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home