Wednesday, May 28, 2008

shoes, langs, and air quality

Yesterday I learned that shoes are designed with a spring to spring you forward because they keep your toes from working right. Shoes also screw up all your joints. Without even discussing obvious foot-insults like high heels, I knew that overly padded shoes screwed up my knees, and most flat shoes, particularly sandals (which let my left foot tilt inwards), do something quite painful the back of that knee, but I hadn't really thought about why I never have any of these problems when I wander around the house, where shoes are not allowed. However, I have no idea what people with plantar faciitis have to say about shoelessness, except I'm pretty sure it's along the lines of 'ow.'

In other news, I finally figured out how to search for the solar radiation unit 'lang,' thus turning up the definition of a langley. So never mind that someone already told me the definition, now I can find it on the web, not that I remember what I did.

Today I learned that I really can't have an unfiltered air source near my dryer, so hopefully I'll shut up about the laundry soon. It came to a head today because there was pollution so horrible that it made my saliva taste funny, and I went looked for a new construction site to blame it on.

There is no construction upwind of me. The air was so bad that it made my tongue sting, and it barely even registered on the air quality website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home