Saturday, May 03, 2008

more ostriches

We have out-of-town guests, so today I learned that you can stand on an ostrich egg, as long as you weigh less than about 300 lbs. The guy at the ostrich ranch (banjo music alert) who appears in the postcards and things is quite the showman. Also, they now have monster bus tours, which I think are new. We decided to save that for next time. And ostriches lay eggs indiscriminantly all over the place, and if you aren't carrying food, the ostriches are much more like a bunch of turkeys instead of combination dinosaurs and malevolent snakes.

The other thing I've learned lately is that I can get up and go for pretty much six hours a day, which is a huge step up from last time people visited. Last time I could go for about four hours a day, but only every other day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home