Saturday, November 24, 2007

death flies, or would if its wings weren't clipped

Today I learned that not only can I be in the same room with an open container of Ecological Paint, I can paint baseboards with it and not get in trouble with it. I won't grow up and become a painter, but I'm at least a partially productive member of the household.

Then I learned that there are several diseases chickens get that cause them to develop tumors at very young ages, even younger than they typically get their heads removed, that being a rite of passage among today's chickens. That, and ending up at the local Kentucky Fried. Marek's disease, which causes lesions on nerves and skin and other places you wouldn't want a lesion, is a variety of herpes virus. The skin lesions look just like those caused by lymphoid leucosis, which I understand is birdy leukemia. Ok, it's not clear to me from the non-paranoid-sounding site that Marek's disease causes tumors, but I'm sure eating chicken will kill you all the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home