Monday, October 22, 2007

chocolate, mountains, and cauliflower

Today I learned that the place that sells the soy-free chocolate is a farmer's market, so they weren't open today, but in honor of the 30 mph wind gusts this morning, we left town anyway.

We went to the Chiricahua National Monument, which has pinnacles a lot like the Pinnacles National Monument, but with an old guest ranch with a porch that smelled so much of attic that I had to get off it instead of truly tremendous views of the middle of California. The key thing I learned there is that if you get off into a canyon without much in the way of pollen or dust, I do fine in the wind. Also, you can see one of the mountains in Saguaro National Park from the Chiricahuas, and it may have been my imagination, but it sure looked to me like there was a Tucson-basin-generated dust plume coming over it.

The other thing I learned today is that a cup of cauliflower has 100% of the US RDA of vitamin C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home