Saturday, August 18, 2007

drugs, dye, and a new dress

Today I learned that heroin, cocaine, and marijuana were considered a terrible problem all the way back in 1951 (youtube). I was surprised because the impression I collected from various authority figures probably when I was in high school was that drug use wasn't an issue until the hippies came along and started, I don't know, force-feeding people. I mean, I remember them talking about that whole opium thing in China, and something about Sherlock Holmes, but, gosh, that was all a long time ago, or, say, made up.

In other news, I learned not to buy very on-sale printed fabric at the fabric store. It made a dye ring in my washing machine that I half scrubbed off after the second wash, and it came back just as bad during the third wash. I'm now at the point where I'd just as soon throw that fabric out, but I keep thinking I'll get the extra dye out any time now, and then I can have a new dress.

Apparently you don't have to be a housewife from the 50s to want a new dress. Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home