Wednesday, March 28, 2007

interesting information from the U of A

Today I learned that according to this one U of A prof, we're all gonna die in ten years because demand for oil is soaring, but production is down, and economic collapse isn't pretty. Also, grey water has a hippy-dippy aura. I will grant you that the second item was in a comment, but I'm still not sure why I ever read my local paper.

In what I'm confident is related news, it says here (very briefly) that drug use is up on college campuses.

In other news, that giant hexagon on Saturn apparently rotates with the same frequency as the planet, assuming the periodically varying radio signal coming from Saturn coincides with the rotation rate of the planet. The first article says the grandson of Niels Bohr managed to make tiny geometrical whirlpools, so while we were originally voting for the hexagon coming from the space-alien version of the Great Wall of China, we are now leaning more toward some funky natural cause.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

You know Miss Molly, I have a huge mold problem in my 1910 cottage. It is going on a 100 and has no ventilation and is only 420sq ft. So every morning I have to squeegie my windows before I go to work. Still my window frames and walls are moldy. I have a moldy bathroom and even if I boil water for pasta I get mold. And yet, and yet, I have no symptoms. Everyone I talk to has mold allergies. My family is notorious for asthama and deadly food allergies and exzcema, but I just find the mold lore hard to believe. I hate the smell of course. You can't say the mold is making me crazy as I was crazy even before the mold.

3:57 PM  
Blogger missmolly said...

Yeah, I was crazy, too. ;)

It sounds like you got the good genes in your family and probably not the bad kind of mold. The kind that we had, a microgram is enough to kill a horse. Really.

I don't have the reference handy, but it's mentioned here (pdf):
http://tinyurl.com/2q7kcy

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home