Friday, March 02, 2007

the hunt

Today I learned that if there aren't very many people inside, I can sometimes go in stores with doors that open to the outside, as opposed to stores that open onto corridors, like at the mall. I did make it into the mall briefly, where I learned that some corridors are safer than others, and that when I see clothing in store windows, I don't think in terms of potentially buying it, but in terms of how straightforward it would be to make something like it.

I also learned on this whole expedition that if we do anything other than replace the phone I broke with one from ebay, our current cell phone company will raise our rates, and that the supply-and-demand thing kicks in for me at our current rate. Since two other companies would give us fancy new phones for the cost of just one from ebay and let us pay our current rate, I expect we'll be jumping ship, even if it means being signed up for two years. Then I expect we'll promptly do something that'll make us wish we'd stayed month-to-month on the ancient Roman plan with the old company, but that's the way it goes.

Other things I learned today were that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home