Friday, February 23, 2007

male body parts in the news

I can't imagine that anyone missed the raging debate among librarians about the children's book that uses a scrotum injury as a plot device. Today I learned that parents in Maryland are upset because they can just point to the back end of some cars and trucks if they need a plastic model to help explain to their kids what a scrotum is.

The headline about the plastic body parts was "Fake Private Parts Are No Joke, Myers Says." I thought, I don't know, it sounds kind of funny to me, but, being me, I had to go look for pictures, and I guess I'm not in the right demographic because they look kind of dumb. I mean, I thought the idea sounded funny because guys were making sure their trucks were well-endowed, which would just be a goofy expression of guyhood. But my problem appears to be that these things are hung way out in the back where they could get hit with road debris or potentially dragged through the mud, and I didn't think guys treated those kinds of body parts like that unless they had belonged to an enemy and the victor was a barbarian. I guess that means that these things are funny in theory, but the execution leaves something to be desired. Well, except for the blue ones. Those are hilarious.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Guys... We are a mystery. And no... my truck is not endowed. But I did chuckle the first time I saw a set. Guess that is my inner 12 year old trying to break out.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home