Tuesday, January 02, 2007

vitamin C and glue

Today I'm pretty sure I learned that I don't feel good if I don't take my vitamin C. I base this on the fact that my back-ordered, non-corn based vitamin C finally showed up today, a week after I ran out, and I felt noticeably better after I took some. I think, if called upon, I could probably summon up a pretty decent sneeze without hurting myself. So laugh all you want (or not) at Linus Pauling taking 18 grams a day, but take away my 3 grams per day, and things don't go so well. (Could be because I'm two-thirds dead.)

In other news, if you get fed up with drilling holes in your concrete floor to screw down the anchors for the molding strips that go between segments of your floating hardwood floor, you can glue them down instead. Since the only kind of glue EIs can usually deal with is Elmer's, you know this required a sniff test, so yesterday afternoon, epoxy and Liquid Nails went head-to-head gluing short metal strips to the sealed back of a ceramic tile. Liquid Nails smelled much worse initially, but this morning it was only mildly worse than the epoxy until my husband tried chipping the metal off by hammering on the end of a screwdriver pointed at the junction. The epoxy never let go, but the Liquid Nails gave up pretty quickly, revealing that it wasn't even all the way dry. So, I have a little epoxy in my house now, and it ain't lettin' go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home