Saturday, December 23, 2006

extremists and funny stuff

Today I faced up to the fact that I have returned to being a raging liberal. I expected to be one in college, but I was getting all moderate and thought that one day I'd wake up a Republican. Then I got sick, and Republicans keep trying to loosen industrial air quality controls on lead and other stuff, so I've about decided that the ones in power are evil. Not as individual people, but as a group. Maybe someday they'll shift their stance on the environment, just like they did the national debt, but I'm not going to count on it.

So for the second day in a row I had to go find a distraction, which today is this great article about a young Jewish couple deciding to do Christmas, but not in any kind of religious sense.

Also, this skater was drawn at an angle relative to the ice, so we may assume she's going around a corner. However, if that is, indeed, what she's doing, her scarf is going the wrong way unless she's in a very strong wind. Because there is little evidence to support a strong wind, the position of her scarf indicates that she's actually falling. Nothing says 'Happy Holidays!' like bruises and wet clothing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home