Friday, September 01, 2006

more flooring, the national park, and toads

Today I learned that you can get snap-together EI-safe hardwood flooring for a little less than the glue-together bamboo I was considering. Also, Lumber Liquidators sold some really, really bad cheap bamboo that was very soft and easily scratched. Apparently the trick to bamboo is to pay as much as possible, so I'm probably ok with what I was looking at, but if the the hardwood passes the sniff test, it may be a better bet.

In other news, I rode over to the national park this afternoon and learned from the ranger that they hope to finish the construction over there by the middle of October. They're repaving the loop, and the termite damage at the ranger station was worse than they thought. They also found a pack rat skeleton under there, but I don't know if they kept it.

Speaking of small animals that live in the desert, besides having poisonous snakes, this time of year we have poisonous toads. You move to the desert, and suddenly everything is all spines and poison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home