Thursday, August 31, 2006

mall hotels, phishy stuff, and cousin Oliver

Today I learned that it's not enough to have 600-thread count sheets available at your upscale shopping mall. To stay competitive, now you need a hotel. I recognize that we have already linked traveling with malls by putting them inside airports, but if you aren't going to the Mall of America, are you really going to stay the night? Or are these things for prestigious business travelers who need easy access to Victoria's Secret?

In other news, today somebody in Nigeria did a yahoo search for '2006 emails of indoor companies in western australia.' I know this because it was reported in this blog's web stats when the Nigerian came to visit my May archives. Just so you know, this blog came up twelfth.

And I'm not saying all Nigerians are scammers, but now I'm going to talk about phishing websites. Those are when you copy a legitimate login page and put it on your server in, say, Sao Tome or Principe and trick people into giving you their login information, bank account numbers, etc. It says here that a site called e-gold let their web guys have a little fun, so now their logo doesn't copy right. It really doesn't. I expect the web stats for that are providing some serious entertainment over at e-gold.

Last but not least, apparently the way to make your child star grow up normal is to keep him away from the crew guys. They're animals.

Update: last link repaired.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

First... I really enjoy your blog. Because of you I learn something every day. Second... If you have ever visited Las Vegas (my homeown), you know we are the worldwide leader in Hotel-Shopping-Mall fusion.

Again... Great blog!

9:01 PM  
Blogger PiquedOff said...

More companies should let employees play with their websites. How do you get the links to pop up in text?

12:44 PM  
Blogger missmolly said...

To get the links, you do like it says here, or you:
1. highlight the words you want people to click on
2. push the little globey button between the 'i' and the quote mark just above 'Recover post' when you are composing your post
3. paste the url in the popup box and click ok.

Then blogger spells all the html code for you, although I always have to hit escape to make my cursor look normal again afterwards. I have no idea what's up with that.

That may not have been the clearest thing I've ever written. Let me know if I've hopelessly confused you!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home