Thursday, June 22, 2006

tent update, migraines, and Margo

I finished decontaminating the tent canvas yesterday, so today I wrestled 360 square feet (40 m2) of canvas into tent parts for the roof and sides. Tomorrow I'll take care of the front and back and start sewing on the 50 yards (50 m) of Vel-- uh, hook and eye closure system that'll hold all the parts together. You might think that it'd be easier to just sew the tent together, but then it wouldn't fit in the washing machine.

I'm not kidding about fitting the tent in the washing machine. This tent is going to visit a suburban back yard, and if some neighbor blows something nasty into the air and it sticks to the tent, that sucker's going in the wash.

Anyway, I'm a little worn out from slinging canvas, so here's what I got out of this article about a treatment for migraine headaches:
The aura before a migraine is from hyper neurons. Then the neurons get all worn out, and that state spreads across the brain, and that's what causes the headache. Some researchers devised a thingy that delivers magnetic pulses to the brain that stops the spread of the tired neuron state, which stops the headache.

You know how I got rid of my migraines so that I never had another one? I moved away from Illinois and out of the mold. It worked great.

In other news, the Comics Curmudgeon has posted the entries to the Finger Quotin' Margo Contest, so today I learned that problems with stick-straight hair and an allergic-to-sunscreen mountain biker tan are best overcome with attitude instead of an editor-like attention to detail when it comes to elbow positioning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home