Thursday, June 29, 2006

long drives, grocery stores, and grills

Yesterday I learned that it takes us 14 hours to drive from Tucson to the San Francisco Bay Area. Also, in LA, the carpool lanes are 24 hours, and you can only get into and out of them every five miles or so, so you can blow past the turn that keeps you on the 210 without half trying and end up on 134, which worked out fine anyway. And yes, LA drivers are kind of nuts.

Today I learned that the tent holds out cut grass smell admirably, so the next big test will be Laundry Fest on Sunday afternoon. Oh, and the Whole Foods here doesn't carry scented candles, so I did way better in there than I do in the Tucson Wild Oats. I thought maybe I'd just overloaded myself so I wasn't smelling things in there, but when we got home, I opened a box I'd bought in Tucson, and it reeked, so my sniffer is fine.

In other news, if wasps build a nest in your gas grill, they don't all fly away if you turn on the grill. Most of them croak, and then you have to clean them out of the bottom of the grill, and then the local biology teacher takes the nest and puts it in the freezer with all the other bugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home