Thursday, May 04, 2006

this just in

Here I thought I wasn't going to learn much today because it's been kind of windy lately, and pollen and wind make me dopey, but instead I got all kinds of things:
  1. The loop and all trails off the loop at Saguaro National Park East are going to close in a week or two until September or October, so us Eastsiders who consider the loop our personal playground are going to have to go play someplace else.
  2. The Safeway I've lived three-quarters of a mile from for over a year carries organic produce. If we didn't have healthy visitors, I don't think we would ever have stayed in there long enough to find that out.
  3. And speaking of vegetables, vegetables will rot your teeth! Well, not all vegetables, and mostly only if you roast them, apparently.
  4. If we had been paying attention, we could have screamed bloody murder about the Arizona legislature making it easier for yard-care companies to spray Round-Up all over the place. I got an email today that says it still might be possible to screech at the governor to veto it tomorrow, if she didn't already do something with it. So, anyone who's up to making phone calls tomorrow, knock yourself out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home