Sunday, April 30, 2006

MCS awareness and cows

National MCS Awareness Month starts tomorrow, so I felt obligated to go out and learn something special, even though it's MCS Awareness Month around here pretty much all the time.

The first thing I learned is that if you go to the government site listing all the various health-related awareness months, weeks, and days, the MCS link sends you to about the most depressing site I think I've ever seen. I recognize that MCS is not the best understood illness and not everyone suffers the same injury, but any site that spends all its time emphasizing what I understand to be the worst-case scenario (well, excluding death) doesn't get linked to here.

This blog, written by The Masked Avenger, is the kind of thing that does get linked to. In her last three posts, The Masked Avenger discussed a couple of MCS documentaries that I hadn't heard of (Exposed and The Tomato Effect) and posted a really great interview with two second graders about knowing someone with MCS. Also, The Masked Avenger is a totally excellent name.

In other news, there are still cattle rustlers within 40 miles of Silicon Valley. Well, more of a cattle embezzler, but still.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zona said...

Just found your blog :) I was a fellow arizonian and also have cfs/fm and mcs. Hadn't seen the site you referenced but after looking at it briefly I'd say Our Little Place is a much easier site to read at least. Yup...MCS sure can be a depressing subject...

Zona's Zone

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home