Friday, April 28, 2006

the rainbow bridge

Today I learned that there are plans to build a pedestrian bridge across I-10 and the Santa Cruz river from downtown to, uh, west of downtown. Maybe to A Mountain. I'm not really sure, but originally it was supposed to be a big, white bridge with an arch over it.

In its latest incarnation, the big arch is supposed to be rainbow colored, as in this picture. You knew there were going to be some good quotes about something like this, so here you go:
"It is universal, it is timeless," said Teresa Toro, 34, of Tucson. "To me, being able to see a rainbow every evening would be beautiful."
When I read this to my husband, he replied, "Are there going to be unicorns on it, too?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

The Rainbow Bridge is what your pet crosses over when she dies. And where you go to meet her when it's your time.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home