Friday, March 24, 2006

shopping and recovered EIs

Today I went shopping, so I'm still a little impaired, but here we go:

Today I learned that you can make cologne wearers twitch by announcing through your mask to the grocery checkout people, who are wondering what's going on, "There's cologne in here. I'm not doing too good." (I wasn't doing really badly, either, but I was getting things out of the cart at little-old-lady speed.)

In other news, I found one of those elusive recovered EIs inconspicuously blending with the normies behind me in line at the fabric store. She'd done the whole thing twenty years ago: fragrance-free everything, didn't get out much, etc. She said she got better, and there she was standing near the perfumy lady and wearing regular lipstick and everything.

That brings my recovered EI count up to two: the other one's a fellow moldie who owns a futon shop across town. She got sick ten years ago and still has to be a little careful, but she can work, and with futons, which are all full of formaldehyde and fire retardant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home