Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I'm sorry this isn't more of a surprise to me

If you read the magazine article review column in the Washington Post today, on the second page, down below the long description of naked celebrity pictures in Vanity Fair, there is a summary of a disturbing article about synthetic chemicals in On Earth magazine. Here's the part that helped me get past my prejudice against magazines published by environmentalists:
On Earth is published by the Natural Resources Defense Council, a prominent environmental group, so you can say they're just a bunch of crazy tree-huggers and ignore the story if you're so inclined.

But Daly, a former editor at the science magazine Discover, has written an article that is painstaking researched, carefully written and not sensationalized. It's also scarier than hunting with Dick Cheney, particularly if you happen to be one of those sentimental fools who wants the human race to go on propagating itself.

So here's the link to the article itself. It's all about plasticizers and pesticides in tiny doses, which I believe I've mentioned here, here (indirectly), and here. For good measure, I'll throw in herbicides and stinky synthetic fragrances, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home