Saturday, February 04, 2006

hemming jeans

I read this interesting article about very expensive designer jeans that only come in one length, unlike people's legs. One solution is to buy $200 British jeans, which come with little cufflinks that'll hold your turned-up cuff, and that way you can wear the same jeans with spiky heels or flats. (I'm assuming here you won't be wearing sneakers unless they're $200 sneakers.)

But it seems that many people just want one-length jeans, and the appropriate way to get the hem to look right is essentially to take a tuck all the way around each leg and sew it down slightly above the hem. I can't really see how that would look good, but people aren't paying me $20 to hem their jeans.

I suspect that most of us have already solved this problem by not buying $200 jeans that only come in one length, but that just goes to show what we know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home