Friday, January 27, 2006

all about crossing the border

A couple days ago the Mexican government said they were going to pass out maps to people attempting to cross the border so fewer people would die in the attempt. Today they decided not to pass out maps because they would show the Minutemen where illegal immigrants are likely to be. It was my impression that the Minutemen weren't actually likely to shoot anybody, so either I'm completely wrong, or Mexico has just stated its immigration policy. ("Vote for me! I'll get you a whopping 40% chance of getting across the border safely and undetected!"* **)

In other news, some smugglers built a very nice half-mile tunnel under the border near San Diego, and the Mexican military is accidentally invading us less than they did in 2002. Just so you know.


* based on estimates of 500,000 successful illegal entries to 900,000 apprehensions per year
** Yes, I'm a physicist, and I've heard the spherical cow joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home