Thursday, December 08, 2005

slept better, thank you

NSFW means 'not safe for work.' I didn't learn this until today because most of the potentially objectionable websites I come across are posted on Dave Barry's blog by Judy, his assistant, and they are marked WARNING: DO NOT OPEN AT WORK, OIYDWYMTTY(NY)G. If you were curious, that last bit stands for 'only if you don't want your mother to think you're (not your) gay.' (I think.)

In other news, I am told that a good bike costs 50% more per pound than a $670,000 Ferrari, assuming a 16 lb, $5000 bike. It evens out at the low end:

Kia Rio: $10,200/2400 lb = $4.2/lb
Wal-Mart road bike: $150/29 lb = $5.1/lb

Just so you know, in case you ever needed to put that $26, 2 lb loaf of cassava bread* into perspective.


*can be found here or here. Cassava is tolerated by lots of EIs I've talked to, and practically nobody tolerates wheat, so we take our breads where we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home