Tuesday, November 29, 2005

burning things

Arizona became the 48th state in 1912. I understand it happened so late because Arizona was viewed as a lawless, backward frontier, and so you know, I am right now sitting roughly 62 miles as the crow flies from the OK Corral.

I suppose, given Arizona's background, that I shouldn't be surprised by the attitude of James Scott, of the Northwest Side of Tucson, who figures we should all drive electric cars so he can burn as much wood as he wants whenever he wants. To be completely fair, Mr. Scott said he could skip burning things when the pollution is really bad, but this is from a man who said the pollution warnings are ridiculous.

He's not the only one who likes to burn things, but now I want to call him up and ask him if he drives electric cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home