Thursday, November 10, 2005

seamstress at work

Today I'm making a futon out of kapok and some amazingly unwieldy mattress ticking. I'd love to finish it tonight, but there are laundry fumes blowing through the sewing room, aka, backyard, so instead of working, I'll tell you what kinds of comments you get from my husband when you're working with zippers:

1. When sent to the store, and imagine the tone he used: "You want an invisible zipper foot?"
2. While trying to understand regular zipper installation: "You baste the seam? What do you baste it with, butter?"

While we're on good quotes, keep in mind the machine has never been in the house:
Important Safety Instruction #6 in the manual is "Do not use outdoors."

2 Comments:

Blogger Funball said...

OK, so why has the machine (and I assume you are referring to the sewing machine) never been in the house? Are you allergic to something in it?

9:30 AM  
Blogger missmolly said...

I can smell the motor (lubricant? oil?) from a foot away. It's ok outside, unless the wind takes a funny turn. It'll probably air out someday, but I have no idea when.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home