Saturday, November 05, 2005

toys, news, and grout

1. Here's what Patrick is getting for Christmas. This is one of the best uses of blog space I've ever seen because:
a) he won't get duplicate gifts.
b) we get insight into an 18 month-old's personality, which is tough from 1000 miles away.
c) this is as close to shopping as I get, and I miss that girly 'isn't this cute!' show and tell thing.

2. Alaska's bridge to nowhere could open up real estate development around Ketchikan's airport, which reportedly has flat, buildable land, as opposed to Ketchikan, which is limited by geography and really can't expand. This is why Senator Stevens had a conniption fit when people tried to take away his bridge, although I'm missing some details, like why, since everything comes in by ship or by air, they can't just ship building materials to the airport. It could be that the ferries won't stand up to the projected traffic in twenty years, but that I can't find out. Also, I'm not clear on the price problem people have. My understanding is that everything costs a million bucks in Alaska, so how bad is this bridge, anyway?

3. Grout is really just tile poop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home