Wednesday, November 02, 2005

old people and comics

I found out I'm officially an old people. I have the old people time warp, whereby if you get one thing done in a day other than eating and sitting, you've accomplished something, even though I'm fully capable of hiking five miles without much trouble. I learned this because my mother-in-law is visiting (we have a visitor!!), and I can't keep up with her at all, even though she has something like thirty-five years on me.

Anyway, I was reading the comics, and this one reminded me of a great quote from the July 5 Roadshow column in the San Jose Mercury News about throwing cigarette butts out the window. A man threw one out the window of his Ford Expedition on the Bay Bridge, and it blew back into the car, which caught fire and "burned to the frame."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home