Saturday, October 15, 2005

feeling better, so here you go...

It's only a little after 9 am, and I've already learned many, many things.

1. Gaucho pants are back in. From the description, I figured they were floppy at the bottom and bunchy around the hips, but they also looked equestrian, so they had to be tight all up and down. It turns out you can get these things for $6.50 at Target, and they look like bell-bottom capris, sort of. I know I'm at the right age to be horrified by what the teenagers are wearing, but, wow, those are ugly. Not revealing or anything, just ugly.

2. Walt Whitman isn't nearly so horrible if you aren't being forced to read poetry in English class. I came across a reference to "O Captain! My Captain" reading, uh, fan fiction I will not link to, and it turns out that in the poem, they did a good job and got back to port, all in three stanzas, but the Captain died. "Fallen cold and dead." That's awfully blunt, which I didn't think was allowed in poetry. I'm probably missing some interpretation here that has nothing to do with dead guys on deck, but I'm a physicist, so sue me.

3. My husband reads sites with quotes like this one: Take our PC screw quiz!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home