Thursday, March 26, 2009

sun damage and potential mold

Today I learned that some weather stations have solar radiation meters so you could maybe figure out how fried you would get going out in the sun at a particular time of day instead of just guessing based on what you remember having seen recently for current readings near that time of day.

In other news, my husband reported a year ago or more that a trip to Whole Foods was more dangerous chemically than a trip to a conventional grocery store. Since I was still unable to deal with the laundry chemicals in standard stores, I didn't believe him, but now I do. Currently I can go in the local Safeway once a day if I want as long as I take a shower fairly soon afterwards. After not going to Whole Foods for several months, the most recent trip resulted in my contaminating not only my half of the bed, but also my half of the couch. These things are easy to remedy -- there's a reason we keep the washing machine in top condition -- but three extra loads of laundry and 18 hours of detoxing seems like a lot for a trip to the 'safer' store.

So next time we need food that we can't get anywhere but Whole Foods, there will be an expedition out to the other Whole Foods, the one that is twice as far away, and we will find out if there is a problem with both stores or just the closer one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home