Monday, March 23, 2009

huge improvements

Today I learned that replacing a 25-year-old hydraulic hose ourselves (ok, my husband did it, but I helped) fully repaired the clutch in our ancient car, and it cost less than $100. This approach was quite a bit cheaper than letting our usual mechanic replace the entire clutch, something he reportedly wanted to do the day he first saw the car.

In other news, the ozone pollution in Tucson today (link will work after midnight tonight) is the worst I've ever seen, and I feel pretty good. I wasn't able to get any exercise, but I didn't have to leave town, and I only found out about the ozone pollution because I wanted to see what level of particulates had been kicked up by the wind yesterday. I attribute this health improvement almost entirely to our upgraded house pressurizer. The MERV 16 filter has proved to make a big difference during pollen season, and it appears to keep out pollution, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home