Thursday, December 04, 2008

pain vs. hunger

Today I think I learned that a study said having a happy next-door neighbor is better than having a happy spouse. I'm not actually sure because I didn't get any dinner, and lack of dinner is close to cataclysmic around here.

I didn't eat dinner because I'm doing a liver cleanse, which, as an analytical science nerd, I still think sounds like made-up, New-Age bullpoop, but the last time I did it, the pain under my ribs, about which I recently complained, improved. I get that pain once a month, and after last month, I have an incentive to skip dinner and drink nasty-tasting liquids.

I didn't mind the nasty-tasting liquids last time. I don't remember missing dinner this much, either. This better do some good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mokihana Calizar said...

How was it? Pain gone? I'd love to know what you use for a liver cleanse.

10:11 AM  
Blogger missmolly said...

I'll keep updating with results, but I followed the bare bones of this recipe:
http://www.curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp

The only ingredients I used were water, epsom salts, olive oil, and grapefruit juice, and I pretty much followed the schedule outlined.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Mokihana Calizar said...

Thanks for the comment and recipe. I'm going through a cleanse, too and like your update, it does take what time it takes. My cleanse came on after my first deep tissue massage in two yrs ... yes, if you have mcs/ei the possibility of toxic stuff getting loose is right up there with if you drop a rock it will fall.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home