Friday, April 25, 2008

tortoises and hydraulic brakes

Today I learned that you can offer to house one of Arizona's captive tortoises, but you have get your tortoise area approved first, which apparently can be difficult. I was considering going to the information session tomorrow to learn more about tortoise habitats, except the other thing I learned is that people with malfunctioning hydraulic brakes on their bikes need brake fluid to repair them, and that's not readily accessible at 9:30 on Friday night unless you're willing to go into a Walmart, which we're not.

I could have justified going and pestering tortoise experts if there were a bike ride in the offing near them, but now it looks like the bike ride will be late and local, and anyway, tortoise experts can probably be tormented by phone.

Also, if you come across one of those gray, stretchy hose socks for your central vac hose, do not wash the chemical smell out in your washing machine. Whatever chemical is in there is really hard to get back out of the washing machine, and I learned that by contaminating not one, but three different loads of laundry after running the machine empty three times with baking soda, vinegar, and water, respectively. So far I've washed each load six times; I can report improvement but not yet success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home