Monday, March 10, 2008

bear spit, toddler phones, and poisonous products

Today I learned that if you put motion-sensitive cameras out in grizzly country, you could end up with bear spit samples to go along with your pictures because bears apparently feel that these things need to be licked.

In similar news, unpredictability-wise, you can get a cellphone for your toddler that has two buttons: a mommy button and a daddy button. I don't have any toddlers myself, and maybe the ones I know are too young, but it seems to me that an age group with a reputation for crank calling 911 three hundred times on a deactivated cell phone could drive you crazy, particularly if you spend a lot of time on the phone and have a talented mimic in the house.

In completely different news, there is a proposal to ban fragrances in the Minneapolis schools because students are making other students sick. The fragrance industry wants the ban to be voluntary, and I can see why, but I still hope that the fragrance industry dies a horrible death in keeping with its propensity to give children asthma attacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home