Tuesday, February 12, 2008

waterboarding and gainful employment

Today I learned by watching last night's A Daily Show that we executed eight Japanese officers after WWII because they were convicted of waterboarding. I couldn't turn that information up on the web, but I found a Washington Post article quoting Senator Kennedy as saying a Japanese officer got 15 years hard labor for waterboarding. I guess what I learned here is that waterboarding is only ok if your side wins.

That's much closer to serious thoughts than this blog usually gets, so I feel compelled to report something really stupid, except I don't have anything really stupid. I went out and got myself a real part-time job copyediting a geology journal, and it turns out that it takes a lot more time than they said it would because they saved up a bunch of extra work while the position was unfilled. My head is all full of formatting errors and geology-speak, so have a freak of nature.


His horns aren't photoshopped. His nickname is Curly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home