Tuesday, February 05, 2008

tooth fairy visits and killer elementary schools

Today I learned that smoking marijuana makes your teeth fall out! It said so right in the headline, but, disappointingly, the article text admitted that cigarettes have a tendency to mess up your gums, too, so any kind of smoker probably has a similar chance of tooth fairy visitation.

In other news, I forgot to sign up to vote by mail before the deadline, so I had to go to my polling place for the second time in three years. I thought since I found it totally intolerable the first time, it would be better this time because I'm so much better. Instead, I found that even with that silicone respirator, I couldn't make it through the line. I went right over to one of the volunteers and asked, through this big mask, that since the carpet chemicals were doing me in, could I cut in line? So I got to cut in line, but I'd been in there long enough that I had trouble figuring out physically how to vote. I did it, and I'm sure I didn't vote for Pat Buchanan.

I'm never going to forget to sign up for a mail-in ballot again, and I'm going to write a letter to the people in charge of polling-place accessibility. That was insane, and I've been all f**ked up ever since.

The worst part is that there are elementary school kids breathing that air every day, and I bet that isn't going too well for some of them, and no one knows why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home