Monday, November 12, 2007

getting caught up

Today I learned that nitrites from vegetables minimize heart attack damage. I was all set to announce that vegetables have hot dog preservatives in them, but it turns out that those are nitrates, which completely spoils my fun.

In other health news, following up on the study that indicates that chubby people live longer than scrawny ones, I learned that Lillian Russell, a 19th century stage star and renowned beauty, weighed 200 lbs, which I can totally believe from this picture here. I can also see from the other pictures in that gallery that if you get to wear a huge frilly dress with a corset, you can weigh pretty much whatever you want and still look pretty good. Ok, styles may repeat themselves, but I really don't see corsets making a big comeback.

In more and better lists:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home