Saturday, October 06, 2007

nuts

Today I learned that going riding on Saturday morning, when everybody else on the planet is driving around or making scented-product contrails all over the trails, is actually worth it. Not only did I make excellent time riding over to Fantasy Island, which turned out to be uncrowded despite a full parking lot, I got a shoe rack, two belt sanders, and a vibrating sander for only $52. Ok, my husband got all the sanders, but I found the garage sales.

In other news:
  • Mike Golic has a BMI of 31.1, which would classify him as obese, except he looks fine -- he's just enormous.
  • Vegans sometimes produce recipes that fit nicely into a rotation diet. The author of this buckwheat muffin recipe gets full points for honesty in that they aren't like regular muffins, and it helps if you like buckwheat to start with. As someone with experience concocting moderately bizarre foods out of buckwheat flour, I have to say that these weren't nearly as bad as we were expecting, so we'll probably have those again. Unless I put nuts or raisins in there. Then it'll just be me.
  • If you make a bridge for squirrels (pdf) so they can cross the road without getting squished (people on other continents care more about this kind of thing), you need to make it wide enough so they can pass each other without getting into a fight.
  • My husband has been identifying my handwriting by process of elimination, and now that we have a guest in the house, it's not working as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home