Wednesday, October 03, 2007

kangaroos and no sleep

Today I learned that one way kangaroos keep cool is by licking their forearms, which have lots of blood vessels near the surface.

Other than that, I started reacting to my sheets and the top layer of my couch, all of which I washed recently. I'm washing the sheets in vinegar right now and hoping the problem is that I contaminated the washing machine with the zippers I sewed onto some barrier-cloth pillow covers I made, which promptly contaminated everything I washed them with.

The thing is that I didn't wash the pillow covers with the couch cover, so I think I made a minor sensitivity much worse by washing it into the sheets and then sleeping on them. Either that or something else is contaminating the wash, and I'm doomed to not make much sense until I figure it out.

I had hoped I was done with this kind of thing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aren't the joys of laundry contamination something else? I find it one of the most frustrating aspects of my life - trying to figure out what went wrong with the laundry, and how to detox it.
I need to find a non-coconut non-animal based simple laundry soap and see if that helps...
hope yours clears up soon...

1:29 AM  
Blogger missmolly said...

I'd suggest the 'load and run away' ammonia approach, but it apparently breaks down something in fabric-store nylon zippers, which will then kill you. ;)

The situation is improving over here. The way things are going, it looks like eight or ten washes will make things better, but for that kind of effort, I could almost have started over with brand-new stuff!

It's too bad new stuff isn't free.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home