Tuesday, October 30, 2007

metal and peanuts

By locating a pair of earrings with small posts, today I learned that after three years of not wearing earrings, I do, indeed, still have a total of four earlobe holes in which to put such things.

I've worn my wedding ring through this whole illness, but no EIs I know habitually wear earrings. Maybe it's the hassle factor, but I suspect it became a trend when somebody had a serious reaction to jewelry that turned out to be nickel-plated, and the rest of the community thought, I'm not going to mess with that stuff. So you know, I think I react to the earrings I bought yesterday, but it could be the residual glue from a sticker on one of them that I haven't felt particularly motivated to remove. It could also be that my $8 sterling silver Mexican earrings have an uncertain heritage, by which I mean for all I know, the posts could be made of uranium.

In other news, in preparation for Halloween, my husband brought home some Snickers candy. Snickers are packed with peanuts, and last time I checked, on a scale of 0 to 15, with 15 being a food whose coexistence in the universe would kill you instantly, I was a 9 on peanuts. I'm thinking maybe if I feel compelled to cheat, I'll try it with the Three Musketeers, not that that's a good idea either. And if I recall correctly from my last attempt, mass-produced candy is much, much too sweet anyway, so it's mostly good for, um, throwing. Although you get a better cringe/surprise combination pelting people with marshmallows, particularly if people mistake them for something like golf balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home