Thursday, September 20, 2007

the random assortment

Today I learned that during birth, a baby's head only fits through its mom's hips one way, and when it gets a little farther out, it has to turn again to clear her tailbone. This is the kind of thing you learn when your tv gets incorrect program information, and you meant to record something much less educational.

In other inadvertent news, a new mold-injured EI in town, a guy who actually watches the news, told me that the correct radio frequency can split salt water so you can burn the hydrogen. It sounds handy, but according to National Geographic News, it's not. Also, there's a pill in the works that makes genetic diseases step over the bad part of the DNA instead of getting stuck, so this has the potential to step over type 1 diabetes and cystic fibrosis.

I also learned that it takes a couple of hours for a real estate agent to knock on 800 doors and tell people like me that the Tucson housing inventory is shrinking and that the market here should be all recovered in a year and a half. He also said that at the county open house, they said they're going to widen this one two-lane road around here to six lanes, which, at the times I drive on that road, would pretty much allow each car to have its own lane. Based on what I read on the county website, I think they mean to go for four lanes in the near future with an option for six later, but what do I know? It's not like I ever try to go to public meetings.

Ok, I lied, but if you don't have science fiction authors, I'm really not going to make an effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home