Sunday, September 17, 2006

the Bush administration and distractions

Today I learned that the Bush administration sent Republicans to rebuild Iraq instead of qualified people. I recognize that I could have phrased that differently, but I don't take bad news very well.

I had to go looking for a distraction after that, but about all I learned is that Tom Cruise has a big nose. I will instead take comfort in the fact that I learned how to sleep through the night with the new pollen concentration outside leaking in at dawn and dusk: you point your portable air cleaner at the head of the bed. You have to position it just right so you aren't sleeping in gale-force winds but you still get filtered air. I love my air cleaner.

In other news, at Fantasy Island this afternoon, the only creepy mountain biker I've ever seen told me that I have aquatred tires on my aged BMW in Arizona, as though no one would put those on a BMW, particularly one in Arizona. Now, since the guys at the shop picked those out, and they are major BMW nuts, I am confident they knew what they were doing. It's a rear-wheel drive car, and we do periodically drive it in the rain. Sometimes we have to drive to California to find rain, but still.

Having written that, I think I learned that I am not so much concerned about my tires; I am mostly totally creeped out by that guy, so ick. It's a good thing that, sick or not, I can still outride most of the mountain bikers I see on the bunny loop on a weekend afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home