Friday, July 07, 2006

special shopping edition

Today I went shoe shopping with my mom. I would say it was a typical girls' shopping run except that if one of you has to breathe through a mask most of the time you tend to be a little more goal-oriented and spend less time holding things up and saying "Hey, this is cute!" I still tried on a pair of Crocs, even though that wasn't what I was shopping for. A bunch of chemically sensitive people wear them, so I know they're safe, but I didn't get any. They felt like I was wearing un-sticky marshmallows on my feet.

However, I still did well enough that we got to go clothes shopping for a little while, so I went to a grand total of two mall-type stores today, which is a record. I have to say, however, that if you haven't been clothes shopping in about 18 months that some of the styles look a little weird. I mean, when exactly did people start wearing things like this on the outside?

In other news, my husband went to a couple of bike stores and made himself sicker than I've seen him in a while, so one of them has mold in it. Besides that, I learned that people in the Bay Area think Slime tubes aren't worth much, so I'll be riding the rest of my time here on normal tubes. I'll get another Slime tube when I get back to Arizona, where the normal tubes will last roughly 47 seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home