Tuesday, March 14, 2006

development

Today I learned that they're going to build houses on some Hohokam ruins not awfully far from my house. I didn't know we had any ruins around here, particularly in town, and they'd be fun to see, but that's not my problem.

My problem is that when it gets a little warmer, we have a pretty consistent breeze from roughly the direction of the construction/archeological site, so I'm wondering exactly how many construction chemicals we'll get at my house. I mean, I felt bad for two days when the next-door neighbors got new carpet. If a whole subdivision gets it roughly a mile from here....

Ok, I'm a nerd. I have some facts:
1. One of my friends developed chemical sensitivities when a subdivision went in uphill from her, which means a lot of those chemicals are heavier than air.
2. Heavy stuff will spread out in a two-dimensional layer with a density that falls off like 1/r2.
3. The breeze tends to blow in the afternoon at 5 to 10 mph, so

Depending on how sensitive I am to construction chemicals, I'll either be ok or I won't. That helped a lot, didn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home