Monday, October 31, 2005

drunk drivers and chrome shelves

These two items have nothing to do with each other, but here they are anyway:

1. Gene Weingarten's chat has been debating the punishment for first-time drunk drivers who kill somebody. I won't rehash the debate for you, but since I'm a bored engineer, here's my solution to the drunk driving problem: instead of those expensive breathalyzers, every car should be factory-equipped with a Simon game, and if you do badly enough with the Simon, you can't drive.

2. Remember those chrome wire shelves that make me sick? If you scrub them with one of those scouring pad thingies for stainless steel pots, you get gray stuff off. The wire gets less shiny, but who cares as long as I don't have to look at them standing uselessly in my backyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home