Thursday, October 27, 2005

pumping on a cockroach

Today I learned that exposing a cockroach to vacuum for ten minutes will not kill it.

This is interesting first because somebody tried it and I could find the answer on the web, and second because I was thinking about how to keep insects off airplanes without using pesticides. So far all I have is a big hole in my hugely-impractical airlock idea.

It is unclear exactly how much pesticide is still used on airplanes, but Mother Jones published this in 1998, and this is a copy of a 2001 San Diego Union-Tribune article.

2 Comments:

Blogger Funball said...

Why was someone performing these experiments on cockroaches? With this much eqipment at their disposal, don't they have better things to do with their time?

2:58 PM  
Blogger missmolly said...

You dated a physicist long distance, so you missed all the good experiments. You know, you could have dated a chemist - they like to blow stuff up.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home