Wednesday, October 26, 2005

weirdness in the news

I read this article in the Arizona Star twice. I thought it started to make sense the second time, but now I'm not so sure.

Here's what I have so far:
A guy robbed a rich lady. He and his girlfriend got caught on tape selling the lady's diamond. The guy went to jail, very impermanently, apparently, and the lady sued the girlfriend for way, way more money than any 23-year-old should have, but at least got $50,000 from the girlfriend's bank account. The girlfriend says she's innocent, and the guy took off. Now the girlfriend is gone, too, and no one has a freaking clue where the diamond is.

What I think I learned here is that crime does pay, and quite well, because I know I didn't have $50,000 when I was 23. I was in grad school, and I remember proudly showing my grandmother my ATM receipt, which showed that I had managed to save something like $300. She was a little horrified, and slipped me some money before I went back to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home