Thursday, December 20, 2007

dummies, feet, and alcohol

Today I learned that the National Geographic channel made a show called Crash Test Human, where a guy named Dave functions very much as the title suggests while wearing a mouth guard and kneepads. I'm not exactly sure for which audience this show was intended, but they managed to gratuitously explode and airbag to see how high it would launch itself, and later they used a stick and a half of dynamite under the hood of a car because that's roughly equivalent to the energy in a head-on collision at 80 mph. The sad part was that instead of having these explosions be highly entertaining, somehow they ended up being just stupid, and I say that as person who appreciates gratuitous explosions. And they made a pot-smoking reference. Or a helium inhalation reference. I couldn't tell.

In other news, there are foot pads that purportedly stimulate your lymph system so you detox all the junk in your system, and you can tell what junk you're getting onto the pads by the handy Reflexology chart. If you read the comments about these things, which I have time to do because I'm recovering from collecting junk in my system, commenters divide into three categories: people who think foot pad detoxing is clearly a scam; people who've tried them and gotten excellent results; and people who don't expect much but are about to try them. I expect they work if you believe they'll work, but don't ask me how that works, either.

Also, if you ban sales of extremely inexpensive alcohol sources in liquor stores near the haunts of homeless alcoholics, you reduce the number taxpayer-financed ambulance rides to the emergency room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home