Wednesday, November 01, 2006

marketing

Today I learned that marketing is inherently evil. In a stunning move, tobacco companies produced ads encouraging parents to talk to their kids about smoking, and just seeing the ads makes kids view smoking more favorably. I suppose that since tobacco companies are involved, that makes it a little less stunning, but it's still pretty impressive.

In other marketing news, today I learned that the picture posting stuff on this blogging platform still doesn't work, and as a properly paranoid consumer, I suspect this has something to do with their wanting us all to switch to their new beta version, which requires a Google login.

They're going to switch us all in the next few weeks anyway, and in the comments under the part where they say that, people are discussing bailing before their blogs get broken. I'm a little concerned. I mean, the Kmart of blogging has been working fine for me so far, but y'know, Kmart's big move in recent years was to close a bunch of stores. In standard broken physicist tradition, I'll probably handle this by thinking about it until I find out this blog has already been switched, just so I don't have to make any decisions.

3 Comments:

Blogger PiquedOff said...

Have you seen the movie 'Thank you for smoking'? It's funny because you can see the tobacco companies actually doing the stuff in the movie.

2:10 PM  
Blogger missmolly said...

I'm gonna go stick that in my Netflix queue.

6:49 PM  
Blogger PiquedOff said...

Let me know what you think.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home